Monday 30 November 2015

Collaboration #1- Sweet P's Treats meets the Dance Project.

Hey guys, so I'm nearing the end of my blog and although I am sad it's going to end, I'm not going to stop baking and I hope you don't either. I recently collaborated with Tahirah Leacock whose blog focuses on dancing and it was so much fun sharing my passion with someone else. Since her passion is dancing we decided to bake dancing themed cupcakes and my family confirms that it was a success.

We made both sets of chocolate chip and blueberry muffins and used frosting and sprinkles to decorate them. Simple recipes were googled and off we went to conquer the cakes.

Here is the recipe and we substituted the chocolates and blueberries into it.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2-3/4 cup sugar (depending upon sweetness desired)
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup blueberries/ chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS

Sift dry ingredients together to mix well. cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Whisk egg vigorously to incorporate air and make the eggs light. Stir in egg, milk and vanilla and combine thoroughly. Add to dry mixture and stir together (some lumps should remain) and add the blueberries or chocolate chips
Fill well greased muffin tins with batter until two thirds full.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until done.














Check out the Dance Project's blog on the link below to see her take on the cupcake baking.

https://thedanceproject95.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/collaboration-3-the-dance-project-bakes/


Let me know what y'all think if you're going to try some Dance cupcakes this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment