Sunday 1 November 2015

HOMEMADE PROTEIN BARS

For the health conscious people on my blog, check out this recipe for protein bars. My aunt shared it with me and now I'm sharing with you. Will definitely be trying this healthy snack before working out.  


INGREDIENTS
 
½  a cup of cashew nuts (soak for 2 hours , best to leave overnight)
5-8 dates (soaked for 2 hours or more) adjust amount according to taste and consistency, I like more!
¼ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ coconut flour
1-2 tbs crushed chia seeds (I like ethnoscience, organic white seeds)
1-2 tbs cocoa powder
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Body Logix Protein for women, has extra calcium and fibre and lactose free)


DIRECTIONS
Add the cashews and dates into a food processor, (save some of the water from the dates)
Add the rest of the ingredients, use the water if needed for consistency.
Press mixture into a container or roll into balls and put in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment